Dwarves and Fortresses
All rules are as in the 3.5e D&D System Reference Document unless specified otherwise or the GM says so.
Rules For Character Creation
- Roll 4d6 six times, dropping the lowest die. Assign to your attributes as you like.
- We’ll begin at third level.
- Dwarves only. There are men and elves in this world, but this is a dwarven expedition.
- Wizards, sorcerers, druids, and monks are out. Fighters, rangers, paladins, barbarians, rogues, bards, clerics, and artificers (from the Eberron campaign setting) are your options. Dwarves have no affinity for arcane magic, lack the love of nature required to be druids, and have never heard of the monkish tradition. If you’re interested in a non-standard class that you feel would be appropriate for the setting, we can talk.
- After much waffling, I’d like to use these alternative rules for Skills.
- You get a Crafting proficiency. (Anyone remember non-weapon proficiencies? It’s sorta like that.)
- You may take any one magic item with a value <= 5000gp, if it isn’t stupid.
- Your expedition has a large wagon to carry its equipment. You guys should collaborate to come up with a list of your supplies, anything mundane and non-ridiculous should be fine. Don’t forget that you’re going to be establishing a mining colony.